- Watch this June 20
Not known for passionate displays of anger, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) couldn't hide his frustration when questioning Internal Revenue Service Commissioner John Koskinen.
In regards to claims that multiple IRS employees connected with the improper targeting of conservative groups (including Lois Lerner) had mysteriously experienced hard drive crashes — resulting in the loss of their emails — Ryan averred: "I don't believe it... That's your problem, nobody believes you."
Even when controversial topics are discussed, these sort of hearings often tend to feel sterile. But this video is actually worth watching. Ryan was viscerally frustrated and clearly incredulous.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week