- Watch this June 20
Not known for passionate displays of anger, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) couldn't hide his frustration when questioning Internal Revenue Service Commissioner John Koskinen.
In regards to claims that multiple IRS employees connected with the improper targeting of conservative groups (including Lois Lerner) had mysteriously experienced hard drive crashes — resulting in the loss of their emails — Ryan averred: "I don't believe it... That's your problem, nobody believes you."
Even when controversial topics are discussed, these sort of hearings often tend to feel sterile. But this video is actually worth watching. Ryan was viscerally frustrated and clearly incredulous.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
Subscribe to the Week