- Say what? June 22
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) suggested on Saturday that Americans were so miffed with Washington they were starting to consider another revolution to reclaim control of the nation.
"I can sense right now a rebellion brewing among these United States," Jindal said, "where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American dream for our children and grandchildren."
Jindal was delivering the keynote address at the "Road To Majority" conference organized by the Faith & Freedom Coalition, and his speech was littered with strident critiques of the federal government and the Obama administration in particular. The governor has shown a penchant for delivering broadsides to D.C. of late, lending weight to the widely-held belief that he's strongly considering a White House bid in 2016.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week