- Coffee! June 23
Starting tomorrow, your caffeine fix will be more expensive.
Starbucks confirmed Friday that it plans to raise prices on its packaged and roast coffee, including brewed coffee in stores. The new prices for brewed Starbucks drinks will go into effect Tuesday.
Fortune reports that brewed coffee prices will rise by 10 to 15 cents for grande and venti sizes, while tall cup prices, as well as venti latte prices, will rise an average of 15 to 20 cents. Specialty items such as the Frappuccino, however, won't see price increases.
The price of Starbucks' ground coffee in grocery stores and other retailers was increased Saturday by an average of eight percent. While many coffee companies have raised prices this year to offset Brazil's drought, Starbucks spokesperson Zack Hutson said energy and labor costs are also behind the move.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week