- Coffee! June 23
Starting tomorrow, your caffeine fix will be more expensive.
Starbucks confirmed Friday that it plans to raise prices on its packaged and roast coffee, including brewed coffee in stores. The new prices for brewed Starbucks drinks will go into effect Tuesday.
Fortune reports that brewed coffee prices will rise by 10 to 15 cents for grande and venti sizes, while tall cup prices, as well as venti latte prices, will rise an average of 15 to 20 cents. Specialty items such as the Frappuccino, however, won't see price increases.
The price of Starbucks' ground coffee in grocery stores and other retailers was increased Saturday by an average of eight percent. While many coffee companies have raised prices this year to offset Brazil's drought, Starbucks spokesperson Zack Hutson said energy and labor costs are also behind the move.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week