- There Will Be Dragons June 24
Today, in videos explicitly designed to go viral: here are a bunch of pugs dressed up as characters from HBO's Game of Thrones. Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow — all your favorite characters are here in four-legged, googly-eyed form.
A making-of video christens this "the cutest Game of Thrones remake ever," and it's sort of hard to argue. But does any of this makes sense? I like Game of Thrones. I think pugs are adorable. But when it comes down to it, this is just a bunch of dogs sitting around in reasonably well-made costumes. There's not much to it, but I dare you to look away.
And to the filmmakers' credit, they did get one thing right — the Joffrey pug is definitely the most irritating one. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week