- There Will Be Dragons June 24
Today, in videos explicitly designed to go viral: here are a bunch of pugs dressed up as characters from HBO's Game of Thrones. Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow — all your favorite characters are here in four-legged, googly-eyed form.
A making-of video christens this "the cutest Game of Thrones remake ever," and it's sort of hard to argue. But does any of this makes sense? I like Game of Thrones. I think pugs are adorable. But when it comes down to it, this is just a bunch of dogs sitting around in reasonably well-made costumes. There's not much to it, but I dare you to look away.
And to the filmmakers' credit, they did get one thing right — the Joffrey pug is definitely the most irritating one. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week