- There Will Be Dragons June 24
Today, in videos explicitly designed to go viral: here are a bunch of pugs dressed up as characters from HBO's Game of Thrones. Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow — all your favorite characters are here in four-legged, googly-eyed form.
A making-of video christens this "the cutest Game of Thrones remake ever," and it's sort of hard to argue. But does any of this makes sense? I like Game of Thrones. I think pugs are adorable. But when it comes down to it, this is just a bunch of dogs sitting around in reasonably well-made costumes. There's not much to it, but I dare you to look away.
And to the filmmakers' credit, they did get one thing right — the Joffrey pug is definitely the most irritating one. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week