- Say what? June 25
Radio host Rush Limbaugh opined on his show Wednesday that Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) eked out a win in his primary fight thanks to the help of "black Uncle Tom voters."
Limbaugh asked whether the Cochran campaign's slogan was "Uncle Toms for Thad," and accused establishment Republicans of having "bought nine percentage points... from the black Uncle Tom voters in Mississippi." The Cochran campaign reached out to black Democrats for help against Tea Party favorite Chris McDaniel, and given Cochran's small margin of victory, that effort appears to have been crucial. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week