- Say what? June 25
Radio host Rush Limbaugh opined on his show Wednesday that Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) eked out a win in his primary fight thanks to the help of "black Uncle Tom voters."
Limbaugh asked whether the Cochran campaign's slogan was "Uncle Toms for Thad," and accused establishment Republicans of having "bought nine percentage points... from the black Uncle Tom voters in Mississippi." The Cochran campaign reached out to black Democrats for help against Tea Party favorite Chris McDaniel, and given Cochran's small margin of victory, that effort appears to have been crucial. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
Subscribe to the Week