- busted July 1
It's an open secret that before many big-name actors landed their breakthrough roles, they had a bit part on procedural behemoth Law and Order. And it turns out that the actors on Netflix's latest smash hit Orange Is the New Black are no different.
Want to see Red (Kate Mulgrew) act indignant, sans Russian accent? How about finally hearing mute Norma (Annie Golden) talk? It's all here. But spoiler alert: Pornstache (Pablo Schreiber) seems to have been typecast as a massive creep from the beginning. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week