- busted July 1
It's an open secret that before many big-name actors landed their breakthrough roles, they had a bit part on procedural behemoth Law and Order. And it turns out that the actors on Netflix's latest smash hit Orange Is the New Black are no different.
Want to see Red (Kate Mulgrew) act indignant, sans Russian accent? How about finally hearing mute Norma (Annie Golden) talk? It's all here. But spoiler alert: Pornstache (Pablo Schreiber) seems to have been typecast as a massive creep from the beginning. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week