- World Cup July 1
The U.S. men's national soccer team is a huge underdog heading into Tuesday's match with Belgium. The winner moves on to the World Cup quarterfinals, and frankly, that team will probably be Belgium. And sure, Belgium may have the U.S. beat in the realms of fries and beer, too, but there is one thing the U.S. can absolutely lay claim to being the best at in this proxy war of nationalism: Making awesome hype videos.
Case in point, from ESPN:
And from the team itself:
Are you sprinting down the street shouting "USA!" in everyone's faces yet? Hello? Still there? Hello?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week