- World Cup July 1
The U.S. men's national soccer team is a huge underdog heading into Tuesday's match with Belgium. The winner moves on to the World Cup quarterfinals, and frankly, that team will probably be Belgium. And sure, Belgium may have the U.S. beat in the realms of fries and beer, too, but there is one thing the U.S. can absolutely lay claim to being the best at in this proxy war of nationalism: Making awesome hype videos.
Case in point, from ESPN:
And from the team itself:
Are you sprinting down the street shouting "USA!" in everyone's faces yet? Hello? Still there? Hello?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week