- World Cup July 1
The U.S. men's national soccer team is a huge underdog heading into Tuesday's match with Belgium. The winner moves on to the World Cup quarterfinals, and frankly, that team will probably be Belgium. And sure, Belgium may have the U.S. beat in the realms of fries and beer, too, but there is one thing the U.S. can absolutely lay claim to being the best at in this proxy war of nationalism: Making awesome hype videos.
Case in point, from ESPN:
And from the team itself:
Are you sprinting down the street shouting "USA!" in everyone's faces yet? Hello? Still there? Hello?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week