- World Cup July 1
The U.S. men's national soccer team is a huge underdog heading into Tuesday's match with Belgium. The winner moves on to the World Cup quarterfinals, and frankly, that team will probably be Belgium. And sure, Belgium may have the U.S. beat in the realms of fries and beer, too, but there is one thing the U.S. can absolutely lay claim to being the best at in this proxy war of nationalism: Making awesome hype videos.
Case in point, from ESPN:
And from the team itself:
Are you sprinting down the street shouting "USA!" in everyone's faces yet? Hello? Still there? Hello?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week