- World Cup July 1
The U.S. men's national soccer team is a huge underdog heading into Tuesday's match with Belgium. The winner moves on to the World Cup quarterfinals, and frankly, that team will probably be Belgium. And sure, Belgium may have the U.S. beat in the realms of fries and beer, too, but there is one thing the U.S. can absolutely lay claim to being the best at in this proxy war of nationalism: Making awesome hype videos.
Case in point, from ESPN:
And from the team itself:
Are you sprinting down the street shouting "USA!" in everyone's faces yet? Hello? Still there? Hello?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week