- Scary scene July 1
Serena Williams and sister Venus forfeited their Wimbledon doubles match Tuesday after Serena appeared to suffer from an unknown malady.
Wimbledon has a longer video of Serena's struggles here.
Serena looked dazed during warmups and was reportedly crying as she struggled to even catch tennis balls tossed right to her. The alarming scene came days after the top-ranked player in the world lost a stunning upset in the third round of the singles competition.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week