- This just in July 1
A federal judge on Tuesday struck down Kentucky's ban on same-sex marriage, the latest in a unanimous wave of rulings to roll back gay marriage bans over the past year. The ruling was put on hold pending appeal.
Earlier this year, a Kentucky judge ruled that the state had to recognize gay marriages performed in other states. The latest ruling expands that to include marriages performed in Kentucky, too.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week