- Watch this July 1
Sure, you might have been to the MoMa or the Guggenheim, but what about the Museum of Pez Memorabilia?
Our friends at Mental Floss have compiled a list of 29 weird museums, most of which are oddly specific. It's hard to believe that the Kansas Barbed Wire Museum found 2400 different examples of barbed wire to showcase or that Minnesota dedicated an entire museum to Spam (yes, the meat), but it's true.
The most memorable museum on the list, though, might be the Icelandic Phallological Museum, which houses more than 280 phalluses from 93 different animal species. Host John Green also notes this gem of a description from the website of Croatia's Museum of Broken Relationships: "The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum's collection."
To see all of the museums and learn some new facts, watch the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week