- Watch this July 1
Sure, you might have been to the MoMa or the Guggenheim, but what about the Museum of Pez Memorabilia?
Our friends at Mental Floss have compiled a list of 29 weird museums, most of which are oddly specific. It's hard to believe that the Kansas Barbed Wire Museum found 2400 different examples of barbed wire to showcase or that Minnesota dedicated an entire museum to Spam (yes, the meat), but it's true.
The most memorable museum on the list, though, might be the Icelandic Phallological Museum, which houses more than 280 phalluses from 93 different animal species. Host John Green also notes this gem of a description from the website of Croatia's Museum of Broken Relationships: "The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum's collection."
To see all of the museums and learn some new facts, watch the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week