- Watch this July 1
Sure, you might have been to the MoMa or the Guggenheim, but what about the Museum of Pez Memorabilia?
Our friends at Mental Floss have compiled a list of 29 weird museums, most of which are oddly specific. It's hard to believe that the Kansas Barbed Wire Museum found 2400 different examples of barbed wire to showcase or that Minnesota dedicated an entire museum to Spam (yes, the meat), but it's true.
The most memorable museum on the list, though, might be the Icelandic Phallological Museum, which houses more than 280 phalluses from 93 different animal species. Host John Green also notes this gem of a description from the website of Croatia's Museum of Broken Relationships: "The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum's collection."
To see all of the museums and learn some new facts, watch the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week