- Watch this July 1
Sure, you might have been to the MoMa or the Guggenheim, but what about the Museum of Pez Memorabilia?
Our friends at Mental Floss have compiled a list of 29 weird museums, most of which are oddly specific. It's hard to believe that the Kansas Barbed Wire Museum found 2400 different examples of barbed wire to showcase or that Minnesota dedicated an entire museum to Spam (yes, the meat), but it's true.
The most memorable museum on the list, though, might be the Icelandic Phallological Museum, which houses more than 280 phalluses from 93 different animal species. Host John Green also notes this gem of a description from the website of Croatia's Museum of Broken Relationships: "The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum's collection."
To see all of the museums and learn some new facts, watch the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week