- bandwagons July 2
Everyone's talking about the World Cup, but maybe some of them should just stop. On Tuesday's Jimmy Kimmel Live, the Lie Witness News team hit Hollywood Boulevard to ask Team U.S.A.'s biggest fans how they thought Landon Donovan had been performing so far. The only problem is Donovan was cut before the World Cup began, so anything these "fans" said would be a big fat lie. Watch the clip to hear all about Donovan's alleged exploits, including the time he scored against Saskatchewan, bit another player ("he's hot, so I don't care"), and was scolded by President Obama. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- Kill the Messenger: A bracing new biopic exposes the media's corrupt core
Subscribe to the Week