- This is terrible July 2
Jerusalem police found the body of a Palestinian teenager early Wednesday in what investigators believe might have been a killing to avenge the murders of three kidnapped Israeli teens. Palestinian radio reported that Muhammad Hussein Abu Khdeir, 16, was "kidnapped at dawn by three settlers," shortly before the body was found, burned in a forest. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered a swift investigation, warning vigilantes "not to take the law into their own hands." Read more at The New York Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week