- Coming Soon July 2
Once again, the game is afoot. The BBC has announced that Sherlock — the wildly popular modern re-imagining of the character, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman — will return for a special, which will pave the way for a fourth season of three episodes.
"A special, plus a new series of three episodes — it's a record-breaking run!" said co-creator Steven Moffat in a statement. "Of course, it's far too early to say what's coming, but we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect..."
Unfortunately, fans have a bit of a wait ahead of them — shooting on the special won't begin until January 2015.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week