- Coming Soon July 2
Once again, the game is afoot. The BBC has announced that Sherlock — the wildly popular modern re-imagining of the character, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman — will return for a special, which will pave the way for a fourth season of three episodes.
"A special, plus a new series of three episodes — it's a record-breaking run!" said co-creator Steven Moffat in a statement. "Of course, it's far too early to say what's coming, but we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect..."
Unfortunately, fans have a bit of a wait ahead of them — shooting on the special won't begin until January 2015.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week