- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 2
AMC's hit zombie drama The Walking Dead won't return until October — but fans who can't wait for a taste can check out a new behind-the-scenes video from the fifth season, which is currently in production.
You won't be able to pull too many clues together from this brief video, but it's clear that the cast is excited to be back. "This episode is so disturbing. Some of the stuff they shot yesterday, I don't know if it'll make it to TV," says Lauren Cohan (Maggie). "There's a lot more action. There's a lot more zombies," promises prop master John Sanders. "It's the most ambitious first episode I think we've attempted," says Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes). "If this is anything to go by, I think this is going to be the best season yet."
All of that will be music to Walking Dead fans' ears. (Of course, they said pretty much the same stuff last year — so maybe you should take it with a grain of salt this time.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week