- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 2
AMC's hit zombie drama The Walking Dead won't return until October — but fans who can't wait for a taste can check out a new behind-the-scenes video from the fifth season, which is currently in production.
You won't be able to pull too many clues together from this brief video, but it's clear that the cast is excited to be back. "This episode is so disturbing. Some of the stuff they shot yesterday, I don't know if it'll make it to TV," says Lauren Cohan (Maggie). "There's a lot more action. There's a lot more zombies," promises prop master John Sanders. "It's the most ambitious first episode I think we've attempted," says Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes). "If this is anything to go by, I think this is going to be the best season yet."
All of that will be music to Walking Dead fans' ears. (Of course, they said pretty much the same stuff last year — so maybe you should take it with a grain of salt this time.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Americans agree with Dick Cheney on torture
Subscribe to the Week