- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 2
AMC's hit zombie drama The Walking Dead won't return until October — but fans who can't wait for a taste can check out a new behind-the-scenes video from the fifth season, which is currently in production.
You won't be able to pull too many clues together from this brief video, but it's clear that the cast is excited to be back. "This episode is so disturbing. Some of the stuff they shot yesterday, I don't know if it'll make it to TV," says Lauren Cohan (Maggie). "There's a lot more action. There's a lot more zombies," promises prop master John Sanders. "It's the most ambitious first episode I think we've attempted," says Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes). "If this is anything to go by, I think this is going to be the best season yet."
All of that will be music to Walking Dead fans' ears. (Of course, they said pretty much the same stuff last year — so maybe you should take it with a grain of salt this time.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week