- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 2
AMC's hit zombie drama The Walking Dead won't return until October — but fans who can't wait for a taste can check out a new behind-the-scenes video from the fifth season, which is currently in production.
You won't be able to pull too many clues together from this brief video, but it's clear that the cast is excited to be back. "This episode is so disturbing. Some of the stuff they shot yesterday, I don't know if it'll make it to TV," says Lauren Cohan (Maggie). "There's a lot more action. There's a lot more zombies," promises prop master John Sanders. "It's the most ambitious first episode I think we've attempted," says Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes). "If this is anything to go by, I think this is going to be the best season yet."
All of that will be music to Walking Dead fans' ears. (Of course, they said pretty much the same stuff last year — so maybe you should take it with a grain of salt this time.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week