- Don't bring your gun to town July 2
Target is taking aim at "open carry" demonstrators.
After watching gun-toting protesters flood other businesses to make a point about the legality of packing heat, Target is asking its customers to leave their guns at home lest they spoil the "family-friendly" atmosphere of its stores.
"This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief," the company says in a statement. "Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."
Like Chipotle, Target is not banning guns from its stores, but rather asking patrons for a little help in creating a non-threatening environment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week