- Don't bring your gun to town July 2
Target is taking aim at "open carry" demonstrators.
After watching gun-toting protesters flood other businesses to make a point about the legality of packing heat, Target is asking its customers to leave their guns at home lest they spoil the "family-friendly" atmosphere of its stores.
"This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief," the company says in a statement. "Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."
Like Chipotle, Target is not banning guns from its stores, but rather asking patrons for a little help in creating a non-threatening environment.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
Subscribe to the Week