- Coming Soon July 2
Against all odds, AMC's grim cop drama The Killing was saved from cancellation last year by Netflix, which stepped in to fund six more episodes designed to give the series a definitive ending. Now, fans can finally get a look at what Netflix promises is The Killing's final season.
Based on this trailer, The Killing isn't shaking up its formula as it glides to a finish: Detectives Linden (Mireille Enos) and Holder (Joel Kinnaman) are still in Seattle — and this time, they're part of a cover-up in the wake of season three's finale. "We've just got to keep our stories straight," says Holder. "No one's going to find out. No one's gotta know what we did."
The Killing's final season premieres on Netflix on August 1. If you're intrigued, the first three seasons are available on Netflix right now. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Saudi Arabia is trying to sabotage America's shale oil boom
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week