- Coming Soon July 2
Against all odds, AMC's grim cop drama The Killing was saved from cancellation last year by Netflix, which stepped in to fund six more episodes designed to give the series a definitive ending. Now, fans can finally get a look at what Netflix promises is The Killing's final season.
Based on this trailer, The Killing isn't shaking up its formula as it glides to a finish: Detectives Linden (Mireille Enos) and Holder (Joel Kinnaman) are still in Seattle — and this time, they're part of a cover-up in the wake of season three's finale. "We've just got to keep our stories straight," says Holder. "No one's going to find out. No one's gotta know what we did."
The Killing's final season premieres on Netflix on August 1. If you're intrigued, the first three seasons are available on Netflix right now. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How computers will replace your doctor
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week