- Coming Soon July 2
Against all odds, AMC's grim cop drama The Killing was saved from cancellation last year by Netflix, which stepped in to fund six more episodes designed to give the series a definitive ending. Now, fans can finally get a look at what Netflix promises is The Killing's final season.
Based on this trailer, The Killing isn't shaking up its formula as it glides to a finish: Detectives Linden (Mireille Enos) and Holder (Joel Kinnaman) are still in Seattle — and this time, they're part of a cover-up in the wake of season three's finale. "We've just got to keep our stories straight," says Holder. "No one's going to find out. No one's gotta know what we did."
The Killing's final season premieres on Netflix on August 1. If you're intrigued, the first three seasons are available on Netflix right now. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week