- only in texas July 2
But Perry apparently isn't tough enough for his home state, particularly ever since he stopped wearing cowboy boots due to back problems. Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, for one, is having none of Perry's excuses, telling the Austin American-Statesman that they are "feeble."
"Tell Rick that boots can be purchased with normal heels," said Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor. "I lament the fact that our governor could now pass for a West Coast metrosexual and has embarrassed us all with his sartorial change of direction."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week