- only in texas July 2
But Perry apparently isn't tough enough for his home state, particularly ever since he stopped wearing cowboy boots due to back problems. Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, for one, is having none of Perry's excuses, telling the Austin American-Statesman that they are "feeble."
"Tell Rick that boots can be purchased with normal heels," said Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor. "I lament the fact that our governor could now pass for a West Coast metrosexual and has embarrassed us all with his sartorial change of direction."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week