- only in texas July 2
But Perry apparently isn't tough enough for his home state, particularly ever since he stopped wearing cowboy boots due to back problems. Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, for one, is having none of Perry's excuses, telling the Austin American-Statesman that they are "feeble."
"Tell Rick that boots can be purchased with normal heels," said Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor. "I lament the fact that our governor could now pass for a West Coast metrosexual and has embarrassed us all with his sartorial change of direction."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week