- only in texas July 2
But Perry apparently isn't tough enough for his home state, particularly ever since he stopped wearing cowboy boots due to back problems. Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, for one, is having none of Perry's excuses, telling the Austin American-Statesman that they are "feeble."
"Tell Rick that boots can be purchased with normal heels," said Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor. "I lament the fact that our governor could now pass for a West Coast metrosexual and has embarrassed us all with his sartorial change of direction."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week