- Art imitates life imitates art July 2
Actually, Dr. Crane's real-life counterpart Kelsey Grammer is the one having some nitpicky fun. The actor created a Twitter account, promising followers he had done so in order to help them stop making idiots of themselves by way of poor online grammar.
So far, Grammer's corrections have been gently chiding, a far cry from his classic character on the eponymous show, who would have reveled in one-upping the Twittersphere. All I know is that if there were ever a way to convince my Frasier-loving, English-teaching mom to join Twitter, it just appeared in the form of #KelseyGrammerGrammar. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week