- Art imitates life imitates art July 2
Actually, Dr. Crane's real-life counterpart Kelsey Grammer is the one having some nitpicky fun. The actor created a Twitter account, promising followers he had done so in order to help them stop making idiots of themselves by way of poor online grammar.
So far, Grammer's corrections have been gently chiding, a far cry from his classic character on the eponymous show, who would have reveled in one-upping the Twittersphere. All I know is that if there were ever a way to convince my Frasier-loving, English-teaching mom to join Twitter, it just appeared in the form of #KelseyGrammerGrammar. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week