- There Will Be Dragons July 2
Here's a question sure to strike at the heart of any Game of Thrones fan: If you were offered an all-expenses-paid, ridiculously authentic Game of Thrones-themed wedding, would you take it? Despite the series' well-documented history of weddings that turn into bloodbaths, hundreds of people applied for the opportunity — but from all those brave souls, only one couple was selected.
In a move sure to make fan-fiction writers across the globe swoon, the bride was dressed up as Daenerys Targaryen, and the groom was dressed up as Jon Snow. The wedding took place at a massive castle, and the rest of the wedding party was made up as characters like Ygritte, Melisandre, Khal Drogo, and Hodor. There were even a pair of direwolves (but alas, no dragons).
Watch a video of the happy occasion below, but try not to yawn too much — last I heard, a Game of Thrones wedding without at least three deaths was considered a dull affair. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week