- There Will Be Dragons July 2
Here's a question sure to strike at the heart of any Game of Thrones fan: If you were offered an all-expenses-paid, ridiculously authentic Game of Thrones-themed wedding, would you take it? Despite the series' well-documented history of weddings that turn into bloodbaths, hundreds of people applied for the opportunity — but from all those brave souls, only one couple was selected.
In a move sure to make fan-fiction writers across the globe swoon, the bride was dressed up as Daenerys Targaryen, and the groom was dressed up as Jon Snow. The wedding took place at a massive castle, and the rest of the wedding party was made up as characters like Ygritte, Melisandre, Khal Drogo, and Hodor. There were even a pair of direwolves (but alas, no dragons).
Watch a video of the happy occasion below, but try not to yawn too much — last I heard, a Game of Thrones wedding without at least three deaths was considered a dull affair. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week