- There Will Be Dragons July 2
Here's a question sure to strike at the heart of any Game of Thrones fan: If you were offered an all-expenses-paid, ridiculously authentic Game of Thrones-themed wedding, would you take it? Despite the series' well-documented history of weddings that turn into bloodbaths, hundreds of people applied for the opportunity — but from all those brave souls, only one couple was selected.
In a move sure to make fan-fiction writers across the globe swoon, the bride was dressed up as Daenerys Targaryen, and the groom was dressed up as Jon Snow. The wedding took place at a massive castle, and the rest of the wedding party was made up as characters like Ygritte, Melisandre, Khal Drogo, and Hodor. There were even a pair of direwolves (but alas, no dragons).
Watch a video of the happy occasion below, but try not to yawn too much — last I heard, a Game of Thrones wedding without at least three deaths was considered a dull affair. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week