- For Fox Sake July 3
Dylan Byers, Politico's media reporter, notes that FoxNews.com has buried the news that the unemployment rate plummeted to 6.1 percent in June. This is not the first time it has happened. Byers:
It's hard to argue that such a decision is a matter of unbiased editorial judgment. Fox News is all-too-eager to hit Obama when the jobs numbers fall short of expectations, and their on-air personalities often point out that jobs and the economy are the most important issues to American voters. [Politico]
Leading the homepage at the time of this writing is a big splash on Hurricane Arthur, a story on the Senate race in Mississippi, a viral video of a Japanese politician crying, and a story about a cheerleader who likes extreme hunting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week