- For Fox Sake July 3
Dylan Byers, Politico's media reporter, notes that FoxNews.com has buried the news that the unemployment rate plummeted to 6.1 percent in June. This is not the first time it has happened. Byers:
It's hard to argue that such a decision is a matter of unbiased editorial judgment. Fox News is all-too-eager to hit Obama when the jobs numbers fall short of expectations, and their on-air personalities often point out that jobs and the economy are the most important issues to American voters. [Politico]
Leading the homepage at the time of this writing is a big splash on Hurricane Arthur, a story on the Senate race in Mississippi, a viral video of a Japanese politician crying, and a story about a cheerleader who likes extreme hunting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week