- For Fox Sake July 3
Dylan Byers, Politico's media reporter, notes that FoxNews.com has buried the news that the unemployment rate plummeted to 6.1 percent in June. This is not the first time it has happened. Byers:
It's hard to argue that such a decision is a matter of unbiased editorial judgment. Fox News is all-too-eager to hit Obama when the jobs numbers fall short of expectations, and their on-air personalities often point out that jobs and the economy are the most important issues to American voters. [Politico]
Leading the homepage at the time of this writing is a big splash on Hurricane Arthur, a story on the Senate race in Mississippi, a viral video of a Japanese politician crying, and a story about a cheerleader who likes extreme hunting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week