- For Fox Sake July 3
Dylan Byers, Politico's media reporter, notes that FoxNews.com has buried the news that the unemployment rate plummeted to 6.1 percent in June. This is not the first time it has happened. Byers:
It's hard to argue that such a decision is a matter of unbiased editorial judgment. Fox News is all-too-eager to hit Obama when the jobs numbers fall short of expectations, and their on-air personalities often point out that jobs and the economy are the most important issues to American voters. [Politico]
Leading the homepage at the time of this writing is a big splash on Hurricane Arthur, a story on the Senate race in Mississippi, a viral video of a Japanese politician crying, and a story about a cheerleader who likes extreme hunting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week