- Look! Up in the sky! July 3
Just in time for the Fourth of July, Warner Bros. has released a picture of Superman, everyone's favorite defender of truth, justice, and the American way:
Henry Cavill's new Superman costume isn't appreciably different than the one he wore in Man of Steel — but this time, he's standing out in the rain for some reason, because that's how you make a superhero look really cool.
Taken alongside the instantly meme-able "Sad Batman" revealed by director Zack Snyder in May, it's probably safe to assume that Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice won't have much in the way of comic relief. Where's the Joker when you need him?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week