- Look! Up in the sky! July 3
Just in time for the Fourth of July, Warner Bros. has released a picture of Superman, everyone's favorite defender of truth, justice, and the American way:
Henry Cavill's new Superman costume isn't appreciably different than the one he wore in Man of Steel — but this time, he's standing out in the rain for some reason, because that's how you make a superhero look really cool.
Taken alongside the instantly meme-able "Sad Batman" revealed by director Zack Snyder in May, it's probably safe to assume that Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice won't have much in the way of comic relief. Where's the Joker when you need him?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week