- Look! Up in the sky! July 3
Just in time for the Fourth of July, Warner Bros. has released a picture of Superman, everyone's favorite defender of truth, justice, and the American way:
Henry Cavill's new Superman costume isn't appreciably different than the one he wore in Man of Steel — but this time, he's standing out in the rain for some reason, because that's how you make a superhero look really cool.
Taken alongside the instantly meme-able "Sad Batman" revealed by director Zack Snyder in May, it's probably safe to assume that Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice won't have much in the way of comic relief. Where's the Joker when you need him?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week