- America the Beautiful July 3
Just in time for Malia Obama's 16th birthday, Pitbull will be gracing the White House with a special concert to celebrate Independence Day.
The Washington Post reports that the singer will serenade the Obama family at an annual picnic on the White House's South Lawn. Troops and their families, as well as White House staff members, will also be guests at the event.
If you're not among the lucky few to attend the White House event, The Washington Post also has lists where other Washington bigshots will be celebrating the Fourth, including a roof party at the National Museum of American History and a party at the Kennedy Center that's complete with fried chicken. Politicians: They're just like us!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
Subscribe to the Week