- America the Beautiful July 3
Just in time for Malia Obama's 16th birthday, Pitbull will be gracing the White House with a special concert to celebrate Independence Day.
The Washington Post reports that the singer will serenade the Obama family at an annual picnic on the White House's South Lawn. Troops and their families, as well as White House staff members, will also be guests at the event.
If you're not among the lucky few to attend the White House event, The Washington Post also has lists where other Washington bigshots will be celebrating the Fourth, including a roof party at the National Museum of American History and a party at the Kennedy Center that's complete with fried chicken. Politicians: They're just like us!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Subscribe to the Week