- 2014 Watch July 3
Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), who is running in his state's top-tier race for U.S. Senate, announced Thursday that his 17-year old daughter is pregnant.
In a statement provided to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Cassidy said:
Earlier this year, Laura and I learned we will become grandparents this summer. Our children have been the greatest blessing of our lives and we welcome our grandchild as a joyous addition to our family. Our daughter now faces a more challenging future than her peers. She has our unconditional love and support.
A recent poll showed Cassidy and incumbent Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu tied at 47 percent each, in a possible December runoff election under Louisiana's electoral system.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week