- 2014 Watch July 3
Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), who is running in his state's top-tier race for U.S. Senate, announced Thursday that his 17-year old daughter is pregnant.
In a statement provided to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Cassidy said:
Earlier this year, Laura and I learned we will become grandparents this summer. Our children have been the greatest blessing of our lives and we welcome our grandchild as a joyous addition to our family. Our daughter now faces a more challenging future than her peers. She has our unconditional love and support.
A recent poll showed Cassidy and incumbent Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu tied at 47 percent each, in a possible December runoff election under Louisiana's electoral system.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
When Americans banned Christmas
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week