- 2014 Watch July 3
Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), who is running in his state's top-tier race for U.S. Senate, announced Thursday that his 17-year old daughter is pregnant.
In a statement provided to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Cassidy said:
Earlier this year, Laura and I learned we will become grandparents this summer. Our children have been the greatest blessing of our lives and we welcome our grandchild as a joyous addition to our family. Our daughter now faces a more challenging future than her peers. She has our unconditional love and support.
A recent poll showed Cassidy and incumbent Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu tied at 47 percent each, in a possible December runoff election under Louisiana's electoral system.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week