- Storm Watch July 4
Hurricane Arthur knocked out power to thousands of homes on the North Carolina coast on Thursday as it hit the state's Outer Banks. The storm — the first of the 2014 Atlantic season — gained strength to become a Category 2 storm with sustained winds of 100 miles per hour as it began pelting eastern North Carolina with high winds and heavy rain. Arthur delivered the area just a glancing blow, however, before weakening and continuing north over the Atlantic. For more, check out CNN's exhaustive coverage.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week