- Spy Games July 4
The New York Times is reporting that a German man has been arrested for allegedly spying for a foreign government. According to Alison Smale at The New York Times, "German media, quoting government sources, said that the man had confessed to passing information to the United States." If true, this is sure to further damage Washington's relationship with Berlin, which was already said to be tense after it was revealed last year that the NSA had hacked German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone. Read more at The New York Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week