- Spy Games July 4
The New York Times is reporting that a German man has been arrested for allegedly spying for a foreign government. According to Alison Smale at The New York Times, "German media, quoting government sources, said that the man had confessed to passing information to the United States." If true, this is sure to further damage Washington's relationship with Berlin, which was already said to be tense after it was revealed last year that the NSA had hacked German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone. Read more at The New York Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week