- Spy Games July 4
The New York Times is reporting that a German man has been arrested for allegedly spying for a foreign government. According to Alison Smale at The New York Times, "German media, quoting government sources, said that the man had confessed to passing information to the United States." If true, this is sure to further damage Washington's relationship with Berlin, which was already said to be tense after it was revealed last year that the NSA had hacked German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone. Read more at The New York Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week