- Woah July 5
Independence Day may be behind us, but why not relive the spectacle of an enormous fireworks display from a novel point of view? This footage actually comes from a May fireworks show in West Palm Beach, Florida, and not from a July 4th event. Still, the footage is astounding — and what better time to watch it than while still enthralled by the afterglow of last night's celebration? --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week