- Woah July 5
Independence Day may be behind us, but why not relive the spectacle of an enormous fireworks display from a novel point of view? This footage actually comes from a May fireworks show in West Palm Beach, Florida, and not from a July 4th event. Still, the footage is astounding — and what better time to watch it than while still enthralled by the afterglow of last night's celebration? --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week