- This just in July 6
Israeli police have arrested six suspects in connection with the killing of a Palestinian teen whose murder triggered a week of violent protests.
Sixteen-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir was snatched last Wednesday outside his home in East Jerusalem in what Palestinians claimed was payback for the abduction and murder of three Israeli teenagers last month. Police have not publicly identified the suspects, though Ha'aretz described their motive as "nationalistic."
The arrests come one day after an autopsy showed Abu Khdeir died with soot in his lungs, indicating he'd been burned alive. Yet despite the arrests, the victim's mother told the Associated Press she had little faith anyone would be held accountable.
"They're only going to ask them questions and then release them," she said. "What's the point?"- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week