- Say what? July 6
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday doubled down on his suggestion that the Obama administration may be clandestinely causing the recent surge in undocumented immigrants across the border.
Asked on ABC's This Week about his remark last month that the administration was "in on this somehow," Perry said the White House was either "inept or they don't care" about the issue because they'd yet to answer his calls for more manpower at the border.
"I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from," he said." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week