- Say what? July 6
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday doubled down on his suggestion that the Obama administration may be clandestinely causing the recent surge in undocumented immigrants across the border.
Asked on ABC's This Week about his remark last month that the administration was "in on this somehow," Perry said the White House was either "inept or they don't care" about the issue because they'd yet to answer his calls for more manpower at the border.
"I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from," he said." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week