- Say what? July 6
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday doubled down on his suggestion that the Obama administration may be clandestinely causing the recent surge in undocumented immigrants across the border.
Asked on ABC's This Week about his remark last month that the administration was "in on this somehow," Perry said the White House was either "inept or they don't care" about the issue because they'd yet to answer his calls for more manpower at the border.
"I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from," he said." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week