- Say what? July 6
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday doubled down on his suggestion that the Obama administration may be clandestinely causing the recent surge in undocumented immigrants across the border.
Asked on ABC's This Week about his remark last month that the administration was "in on this somehow," Perry said the White House was either "inept or they don't care" about the issue because they'd yet to answer his calls for more manpower at the border.
"I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from," he said." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week