- Say what? July 6
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Sunday doubled down on his suggestion that the Obama administration may be clandestinely causing the recent surge in undocumented immigrants across the border.
Asked on ABC's This Week about his remark last month that the administration was "in on this somehow," Perry said the White House was either "inept or they don't care" about the issue because they'd yet to answer his calls for more manpower at the border.
"I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way that you are either inept or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from," he said." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week