- This just in July 7
Three Israelis have confessed to abducting and burning to death a Palestinian teenager last week in what was widely seen as a revenge killing, according to the Associated Press. The confessions come one day after Israel announced it had arrested six people in connection with the murder.
Israel and Palestine have been caught in a cycle of violence ever since three Israeli teens went missing last month. In response to the triple homicide, Israel launched a deadly crackdown on Palestinians, prompting increased rocket attacks from Hamas. In the latest round of fighting, Hamas vowed Monday that the "the Zionist enemy will pay a heavy price" after Israeli airstrikes killed seven of its militants.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week