- This just in July 7
Three Israelis have confessed to abducting and burning to death a Palestinian teenager last week in what was widely seen as a revenge killing, according to the Associated Press. The confessions come one day after Israel announced it had arrested six people in connection with the murder.
Israel and Palestine have been caught in a cycle of violence ever since three Israeli teens went missing last month. In response to the triple homicide, Israel launched a deadly crackdown on Palestinians, prompting increased rocket attacks from Hamas. In the latest round of fighting, Hamas vowed Monday that the "the Zionist enemy will pay a heavy price" after Israeli airstrikes killed seven of its militants.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week