- This just in July 7
Three Israelis have confessed to abducting and burning to death a Palestinian teenager last week in what was widely seen as a revenge killing, according to the Associated Press. The confessions come one day after Israel announced it had arrested six people in connection with the murder.
Israel and Palestine have been caught in a cycle of violence ever since three Israeli teens went missing last month. In response to the triple homicide, Israel launched a deadly crackdown on Palestinians, prompting increased rocket attacks from Hamas. In the latest round of fighting, Hamas vowed Monday that the "the Zionist enemy will pay a heavy price" after Israeli airstrikes killed seven of its militants.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week