- This just in July 7
Three Israelis have confessed to abducting and burning to death a Palestinian teenager last week in what was widely seen as a revenge killing, according to the Associated Press. The confessions come one day after Israel announced it had arrested six people in connection with the murder.
Israel and Palestine have been caught in a cycle of violence ever since three Israeli teens went missing last month. In response to the triple homicide, Israel launched a deadly crackdown on Palestinians, prompting increased rocket attacks from Hamas. In the latest round of fighting, Hamas vowed Monday that the "the Zionist enemy will pay a heavy price" after Israeli airstrikes killed seven of its militants.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week