- This just in July 7
Three Israelis have confessed to abducting and burning to death a Palestinian teenager last week in what was widely seen as a revenge killing, according to the Associated Press. The confessions come one day after Israel announced it had arrested six people in connection with the murder.
Israel and Palestine have been caught in a cycle of violence ever since three Israeli teens went missing last month. In response to the triple homicide, Israel launched a deadly crackdown on Palestinians, prompting increased rocket attacks from Hamas. In the latest round of fighting, Hamas vowed Monday that the "the Zionist enemy will pay a heavy price" after Israeli airstrikes killed seven of its militants.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week