- Decision II: The Deciding July 7
The Decision 2.0 is fully underway.
Late Sunday night brought the fevered rumor that LeBron James could be headed back to his old stomping ground in Cleveland.
Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 7, 2014
Free agency is a whirlwind of speculation and nonsense. Add the best player on the planet to the mix, factor in the spectacle of said player's last foray in free agency, and you get this madness. But the LeBron-Cavs rumor may have more than a kernel of truth to it.
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert — or at least his private jet — flew down to Florida over the weekend. James' agent is reportedly prodding the Cavs to clear enough cap space to sign the superstar, according to Yahoo's incomparably sourced Adrian Wojnarowski. And as Deadspin noted, the Cavaliers' website finally took down the embarrassing comic sans letter Gilbert fired off when James skipped town in 2010.
Coincidence!? Possibly. But the Cavs are at least in the running to nab James. Then again, so, too, is pretty much everyone else.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week