- Coming Soon July 7
Director John Herzfeld's latest film endeavor, Reach Me, follows a group of strangers who find each other because of a self-help book authored by a former football coach.
Though the premise may not be the most thrilling, the cast — which features Sylvester Stallone, Terry Crews, Kelsey Grammer, and the rapper Nelly — is intriguing. The film marks Stallone's first serious, dramatic role in years.
Herzfeld used Kickstarter and Indiegogo to fund the movie, which will hit theaters and VOD on October 24. Watch the new trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week