- Say what? July 7
Fox & Friends welcomed "Princeton mom" Susan Patton to the show Monday to dish some tips about how wives can keep their husbands happy. Step one: Stop "acting like such an entitled princess" and be nicer to your husband, since you're not going to find a new one. "And if you don't believe me, ask your maiden aunt — she could tell you when she's done feeding the cats," Patton said.
Patton and the show's hosts then went on to lament how women's attitudes toward their husbands had changed over the years. The reason? Feminists, apparently.
More from Patton: "We have overcorrected now to the point that we are so all about women's priorities and women's balancing. Men are doing all the same things, the only difference is that women now have become so emboldened by these antagonistic feminists that they have lost sight of the fact that this is the man you married."--Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week