- Watch this July 7
The second trailer for David Fincher's Gone Girl, based on Gillian Flynn's bestselling 2012 novel of the same name, was released Monday.
The trailer gives a closer look at the plot of the thriller, which stars Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne, a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary. Her husband, Nick, played by Ben Affleck, eventually becomes a murder suspect. Neil Patrick Harris appears in the trailer as a stranger who offers to help with the case.
The trailer's release comes after a series of haunting posters were released over the weekend. The four posters featured evidence bags with a knife, a wedding photo, a pair of underwear, and a note stating "This man may kill me." All of the posters had a haunting "Happy anniversary" at the top.
The film hits theaters October 3, so there's still time to brush up on the novel if you haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Watch the new trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week