- Watch this July 7
The second trailer for David Fincher's Gone Girl, based on Gillian Flynn's bestselling 2012 novel of the same name, was released Monday.
The trailer gives a closer look at the plot of the thriller, which stars Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne, a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary. Her husband, Nick, played by Ben Affleck, eventually becomes a murder suspect. Neil Patrick Harris appears in the trailer as a stranger who offers to help with the case.
The trailer's release comes after a series of haunting posters were released over the weekend. The four posters featured evidence bags with a knife, a wedding photo, a pair of underwear, and a note stating "This man may kill me." All of the posters had a haunting "Happy anniversary" at the top.
The film hits theaters October 3, so there's still time to brush up on the novel if you haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Watch the new trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week