- Watch this July 7
The second trailer for David Fincher's Gone Girl, based on Gillian Flynn's bestselling 2012 novel of the same name, was released Monday.
The trailer gives a closer look at the plot of the thriller, which stars Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne, a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary. Her husband, Nick, played by Ben Affleck, eventually becomes a murder suspect. Neil Patrick Harris appears in the trailer as a stranger who offers to help with the case.
The trailer's release comes after a series of haunting posters were released over the weekend. The four posters featured evidence bags with a knife, a wedding photo, a pair of underwear, and a note stating "This man may kill me." All of the posters had a haunting "Happy anniversary" at the top.
The film hits theaters October 3, so there's still time to brush up on the novel if you haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Watch the new trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week