- atwitter July 8
The CIA launched its Twitter account in June with a humorous post ("We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet"), and that lighthearted spirit continued on Monday. To celebrate its first month on Twitter, the CIA was kind enough to answer a few burning questions, with some apparently coming from the elderly and conspiracy theorists stuck in 1996:
No, we don’t know where Tupac is. #twitterversary— CIA (@CIA) July 7, 2014
Not everyone found the stunt funny:
Never mind the naysayers! If you think you've got what it takes to make jokes about Tupac, you're in luck!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week