- atwitter July 8
The CIA launched its Twitter account in June with a humorous post ("We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet"), and that lighthearted spirit continued on Monday. To celebrate its first month on Twitter, the CIA was kind enough to answer a few burning questions, with some apparently coming from the elderly and conspiracy theorists stuck in 1996:
No, we don’t know where Tupac is. #twitterversary— CIA (@CIA) July 7, 2014
Not everyone found the stunt funny:
Never mind the naysayers! If you think you've got what it takes to make jokes about Tupac, you're in luck!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week