- atwitter July 8
The CIA launched its Twitter account in June with a humorous post ("We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet"), and that lighthearted spirit continued on Monday. To celebrate its first month on Twitter, the CIA was kind enough to answer a few burning questions, with some apparently coming from the elderly and conspiracy theorists stuck in 1996:
No, we don’t know where Tupac is. #twitterversary— CIA (@CIA) July 7, 2014
Not everyone found the stunt funny:
Never mind the naysayers! If you think you've got what it takes to make jokes about Tupac, you're in luck!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week