- Storm Watch July 8
The strongest Pacific storm this year — Super Typhoon Neoguri — lashed Japan's Okinawa island chain with winds of up to 150 miles per hour early Tuesday. Four people were injured and a fisherman was missing. The storm was downgraded from super typhoon status as its winds dropped to 120 mph, but it remained dangerous, stirring up waves up to 40 feet high. Neoguri — Korean for raccoon — could intensify again as it reaches the main island in the chain late Tuesday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week