- Harry Potter July 8
In a new story on her website Pottermore, J.K. Rowling reveals what Harry Potter and his companions are up to in their post-Hogwarts, adult life.
The story doesn't take the traditional Harry Potter format — it's written in the voice of the series' prominent gossip columnist, Rita Skeeter. As in her novels, Rowling uses Skeeter to take a thinly-veiled stab at tabloid media.
Skeeter describes Harry, now 34, as having "threads of silver" in his hair, in addition to a mysterious cut. Ron, similarly, has hair that's "thinning slightly," according to Skeeter. Along with Ron, Hermione, and his family, Harry is attending the Quidditch World Cup, where Skeeter desperately tries to find tension among the friends that just isn't there.
To read the full story, you'll need to sign up for a Pottermore account, and then check the story out here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week