- Couch potatoes July 8
Attention, couch potatoes: You may be able to turn your Netflix habit into an actual, lucrative job.
Netflix is looking for a UK/Ireland-based "tagger" — a.k.a., someone to come up with the streaming service's often strangely specific categories for each show. The job posting seeks a candidate to "deconstruct" TV shows and movies to ensure they're labeled with the proper tags.
Netflix has at least 76,897 categories for its offerings, so the role of its tagger is likely much more tedious than you might expect. Still, it would be pretty fun to decide whether a film should be classified as an "Emotional Independent Drama for Hopeless Romantics" or a "Critically-Acclaimed Emotional Drug Movie."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week