- Couch potatoes July 8
Attention, couch potatoes: You may be able to turn your Netflix habit into an actual, lucrative job.
Netflix is looking for a UK/Ireland-based "tagger" — a.k.a., someone to come up with the streaming service's often strangely specific categories for each show. The job posting seeks a candidate to "deconstruct" TV shows and movies to ensure they're labeled with the proper tags.
Netflix has at least 76,897 categories for its offerings, so the role of its tagger is likely much more tedious than you might expect. Still, it would be pretty fun to decide whether a film should be classified as an "Emotional Independent Drama for Hopeless Romantics" or a "Critically-Acclaimed Emotional Drug Movie."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Is kissing your kid on the lips creepy?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week