- This just in July 8
The Republican Party announced Tuesday that it will host its 2016 national convention in Cleveland. Dallas was the other city left in the running.
Though the GOP said the decision was entirely about which city could best host the multi-day nominating spectacle, placing the convention in a crucial swing state as opposed to a deep red one could buoy the eventual nominee.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week