- This just in July 8
The Republican Party announced Tuesday that it will host its 2016 national convention in Cleveland. Dallas was the other city left in the running.
Though the GOP said the decision was entirely about which city could best host the multi-day nominating spectacle, placing the convention in a crucial swing state as opposed to a deep red one could buoy the eventual nominee.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week