- Irony? July 8
Life does imitate art, apparently: A man whose first name is "Alpacino" has been charged with murder — and he has previous convictions for drug dealing.
Alpacino McDaniels, 29, was charged with murdering a man in West Oakland, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Officials charged McDaniels, who is the alleged gunman, and Charles Fuller, 31, for the murder of Teric Traylor, 23, last July.
McDaniels also faces charges for gun possession. Previously, McDaniels has been convicted of drug dealing as well as evading police. McDaniels and Fuller are currently being held without bail and are scheduled to enter pleas on July 14 at the Alameda County Superior Court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week