- Irony? July 8
Life does imitate art, apparently: A man whose first name is "Alpacino" has been charged with murder — and he has previous convictions for drug dealing.
Alpacino McDaniels, 29, was charged with murdering a man in West Oakland, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Officials charged McDaniels, who is the alleged gunman, and Charles Fuller, 31, for the murder of Teric Traylor, 23, last July.
McDaniels also faces charges for gun possession. Previously, McDaniels has been convicted of drug dealing as well as evading police. McDaniels and Fuller are currently being held without bail and are scheduled to enter pleas on July 14 at the Alameda County Superior Court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Why we gossip, according to science
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week