- Irony? July 8
Life does imitate art, apparently: A man whose first name is "Alpacino" has been charged with murder — and he has previous convictions for drug dealing.
Alpacino McDaniels, 29, was charged with murdering a man in West Oakland, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Officials charged McDaniels, who is the alleged gunman, and Charles Fuller, 31, for the murder of Teric Traylor, 23, last July.
McDaniels also faces charges for gun possession. Previously, McDaniels has been convicted of drug dealing as well as evading police. McDaniels and Fuller are currently being held without bail and are scheduled to enter pleas on July 14 at the Alameda County Superior Court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week