- Irony? July 8
Life does imitate art, apparently: A man whose first name is "Alpacino" has been charged with murder — and he has previous convictions for drug dealing.
Alpacino McDaniels, 29, was charged with murdering a man in West Oakland, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Officials charged McDaniels, who is the alleged gunman, and Charles Fuller, 31, for the murder of Teric Traylor, 23, last July.
McDaniels also faces charges for gun possession. Previously, McDaniels has been convicted of drug dealing as well as evading police. McDaniels and Fuller are currently being held without bail and are scheduled to enter pleas on July 14 at the Alameda County Superior Court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week