- Irony? July 8
Life does imitate art, apparently: A man whose first name is "Alpacino" has been charged with murder — and he has previous convictions for drug dealing.
Alpacino McDaniels, 29, was charged with murdering a man in West Oakland, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Officials charged McDaniels, who is the alleged gunman, and Charles Fuller, 31, for the murder of Teric Traylor, 23, last July.
McDaniels also faces charges for gun possession. Previously, McDaniels has been convicted of drug dealing as well as evading police. McDaniels and Fuller are currently being held without bail and are scheduled to enter pleas on July 14 at the Alameda County Superior Court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week