- the return of rosie July 9
Rosie O'Donnell is back... possibly.
Page Six is reporting that O'Donnell has been offered a "one-year, seven-figure deal" to return to The View, the talk show she left in 2007 after just one season. During her time on the show, O'Donnell was known for being outspoken and getting into tiffs with former co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is now over at Fox News.
It's a rebuilding year for The View, which said goodbye to co-creator Barbara Walters in May and let go of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy in June. Sources tell Page Six that O'Donnell wants "approval over offers to other co-hosts" and would ban reality TV show stars from consideration, and that her return to the show is "absolutely in progress" but not signed, sealed, and delivered. "Rosie is very close to signing," another anonymous source tells Us Weekly. "They aren't seriously auditioning anyone else until the deal is done, because Rosie will get a major say" in her co-hosts.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week