- This is terrible July 9
Severe storms killed five people on the East Coast on Tuesday. Four died in when a violent storm leaving telltale signs of a tornado struck in upstate New York. One child died and another eight were injured at River Valley Ranch, a Christian camp near Baltimore, when a storm rushed in, knocking down trees with high winds before counselors could get everyone to safe cover. The storm also left about 42,000 customers without power. Read more at NBC.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week