- Crime and settlement July 9
Citigroup is close to a $7 billion settlement agreement to resolve a Justice Department investigation into whether it defrauded investors on billions of dollars worth of mortgage securities ahead of the financial crisis, a source familiar with the matter said Tuesday. The case is linked to a broader investigation of faulty mortgage securities that helped fuel the mid-2000s housing bubble. Several billion from the settlement, which could come next week, would go toward helping struggling borrowers. Read more at Reuters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week