- Coming Soon July 9
With Gone Girl poised to become a box-office hit this October, it's only fitting that Gillian Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, is getting a live-action adaptation as well.
Entertainment One Television is creating an hour-long drama based on Flynn's novel, Entertainment Weekly reports. The series will follow Camille Preaker, a reporter who leaves a mental hospital and must cover a murder case in her hometown.
Marti Noxon, whose previous projects include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will serve as Sharp Objects' showrunner and will pen the script. Flynn will executive produce the show along with Jason Blum and Charles Layton.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week