- Coming Soon July 9
With Gone Girl poised to become a box-office hit this October, it's only fitting that Gillian Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, is getting a live-action adaptation as well.
Entertainment One Television is creating an hour-long drama based on Flynn's novel, Entertainment Weekly reports. The series will follow Camille Preaker, a reporter who leaves a mental hospital and must cover a murder case in her hometown.
Marti Noxon, whose previous projects include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will serve as Sharp Objects' showrunner and will pen the script. Flynn will executive produce the show along with Jason Blum and Charles Layton.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week