- Coming Soon July 9
With Gone Girl poised to become a box-office hit this October, it's only fitting that Gillian Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, is getting a live-action adaptation as well.
Entertainment One Television is creating an hour-long drama based on Flynn's novel, Entertainment Weekly reports. The series will follow Camille Preaker, a reporter who leaves a mental hospital and must cover a murder case in her hometown.
Marti Noxon, whose previous projects include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will serve as Sharp Objects' showrunner and will pen the script. Flynn will executive produce the show along with Jason Blum and Charles Layton.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week