- Coming Soon July 9
With Gone Girl poised to become a box-office hit this October, it's only fitting that Gillian Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, is getting a live-action adaptation as well.
Entertainment One Television is creating an hour-long drama based on Flynn's novel, Entertainment Weekly reports. The series will follow Camille Preaker, a reporter who leaves a mental hospital and must cover a murder case in her hometown.
Marti Noxon, whose previous projects include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will serve as Sharp Objects' showrunner and will pen the script. Flynn will executive produce the show along with Jason Blum and Charles Layton.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week