- Coming Soon July 9
With Gone Girl poised to become a box-office hit this October, it's only fitting that Gillian Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, is getting a live-action adaptation as well.
Entertainment One Television is creating an hour-long drama based on Flynn's novel, Entertainment Weekly reports. The series will follow Camille Preaker, a reporter who leaves a mental hospital and must cover a murder case in her hometown.
Marti Noxon, whose previous projects include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will serve as Sharp Objects' showrunner and will pen the script. Flynn will executive produce the show along with Jason Blum and Charles Layton.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week