- This just in July 9
Disgraced ex-New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin was sentenced on Wednesday to 10 years in prison for bribery and money laundering. Nagin, who served two terms and left office in 2010, was convicted earlier this year of accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, trips, and swag — including free granite for a family business — in exchange for city contracts.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week