- This just in July 9
Disgraced ex-New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin was sentenced on Wednesday to 10 years in prison for bribery and money laundering. Nagin, who served two terms and left office in 2010, was convicted earlier this year of accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, trips, and swag — including free granite for a family business — in exchange for city contracts.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why I got married — without a wedding
Subscribe to the Week