- This just in July 9
Disgraced ex-New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin was sentenced on Wednesday to 10 years in prison for bribery and money laundering. Nagin, who served two terms and left office in 2010, was convicted earlier this year of accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, trips, and swag — including free granite for a family business — in exchange for city contracts.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week