- Irony? July 9
Chicago resident Bill Hillmann, co-author of How to Survive the Running of the Bulls, was gored during a bull run in Pamplona, Spain Wednesday morning.
Hillmann, 32, was gored in his right thigh at the San Fermin festival, Reuters reports. The black bull that gored him was the heaviest of the morning's six bulls and weighed roughly 1,300 pounds. Three other men were also taken to the hospital with lesser injuries from the stampede.
Hillmann underwent surgery and is expected to be fine. The Navarra regional government told The Associated Press that Hillmann's injury was not life-threatening.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week