- Irony? July 9
Chicago resident Bill Hillmann, co-author of How to Survive the Running of the Bulls, was gored during a bull run in Pamplona, Spain Wednesday morning.
Hillmann, 32, was gored in his right thigh at the San Fermin festival, Reuters reports. The black bull that gored him was the heaviest of the morning's six bulls and weighed roughly 1,300 pounds. Three other men were also taken to the hospital with lesser injuries from the stampede.
Hillmann underwent surgery and is expected to be fine. The Navarra regional government told The Associated Press that Hillmann's injury was not life-threatening.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week