- Irony? July 9
Chicago resident Bill Hillmann, co-author of How to Survive the Running of the Bulls, was gored during a bull run in Pamplona, Spain Wednesday morning.
Hillmann, 32, was gored in his right thigh at the San Fermin festival, Reuters reports. The black bull that gored him was the heaviest of the morning's six bulls and weighed roughly 1,300 pounds. Three other men were also taken to the hospital with lesser injuries from the stampede.
Hillmann underwent surgery and is expected to be fine. The Navarra regional government told The Associated Press that Hillmann's injury was not life-threatening.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How names influence our destinies
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
Subscribe to the Week