- Irony? July 9
Chicago resident Bill Hillmann, co-author of How to Survive the Running of the Bulls, was gored during a bull run in Pamplona, Spain Wednesday morning.
Hillmann, 32, was gored in his right thigh at the San Fermin festival, Reuters reports. The black bull that gored him was the heaviest of the morning's six bulls and weighed roughly 1,300 pounds. Three other men were also taken to the hospital with lesser injuries from the stampede.
Hillmann underwent surgery and is expected to be fine. The Navarra regional government told The Associated Press that Hillmann's injury was not life-threatening.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week