- Irony? July 9
Chicago resident Bill Hillmann, co-author of How to Survive the Running of the Bulls, was gored during a bull run in Pamplona, Spain Wednesday morning.
Hillmann, 32, was gored in his right thigh at the San Fermin festival, Reuters reports. The black bull that gored him was the heaviest of the morning's six bulls and weighed roughly 1,300 pounds. Three other men were also taken to the hospital with lesser injuries from the stampede.
Hillmann underwent surgery and is expected to be fine. The Navarra regional government told The Associated Press that Hillmann's injury was not life-threatening.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we eat what we eat on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week