- Climate change July 9
Kentucky State Sen. Brandon Smith (R) took some heat for claiming last week that climate change was a myth because the Earth and Mars are the same temperature. Smith has, understandably, now walked back that argument:
In a July 2 hearing, Smith said he would not debate climate change, adding, "I'll simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week