- America the Beautiful July 9
June 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day!
Sure, it seems like every other day is a dessert-dedicated holiday in America, which probably isn't helping our obesity rates. But hey, a holiday's a holiday, right? Plus, a recent study at Stanford showed that lack of exercise, not diet, is the bigger cause of rising obesity levels.
Health aside, a national holiday — even a questionable one — is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious baked goodness.
You can't go wrong with a classic sugar cookie, fresh from the oven.
Or, you could always go with double chocolate or chocolate chip, since, really, they have sugar in them anyway, right?
Whatever you decide, make this holiday one to remember!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week