- America the Beautiful July 9
June 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day!
Sure, it seems like every other day is a dessert-dedicated holiday in America, which probably isn't helping our obesity rates. But hey, a holiday's a holiday, right? Plus, a recent study at Stanford showed that lack of exercise, not diet, is the bigger cause of rising obesity levels.
Health aside, a national holiday — even a questionable one — is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious baked goodness.
You can't go wrong with a classic sugar cookie, fresh from the oven.
Or, you could always go with double chocolate or chocolate chip, since, really, they have sugar in them anyway, right?
Whatever you decide, make this holiday one to remember!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week