- America the Beautiful July 9
June 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day!
Sure, it seems like every other day is a dessert-dedicated holiday in America, which probably isn't helping our obesity rates. But hey, a holiday's a holiday, right? Plus, a recent study at Stanford showed that lack of exercise, not diet, is the bigger cause of rising obesity levels.
Health aside, a national holiday — even a questionable one — is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious baked goodness.
You can't go wrong with a classic sugar cookie, fresh from the oven.
Or, you could always go with double chocolate or chocolate chip, since, really, they have sugar in them anyway, right?
Whatever you decide, make this holiday one to remember!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
Subscribe to the Week