- America the Beautiful July 9
June 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day!
Sure, it seems like every other day is a dessert-dedicated holiday in America, which probably isn't helping our obesity rates. But hey, a holiday's a holiday, right? Plus, a recent study at Stanford showed that lack of exercise, not diet, is the bigger cause of rising obesity levels.
Health aside, a national holiday — even a questionable one — is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious baked goodness.
You can't go wrong with a classic sugar cookie, fresh from the oven.
Or, you could always go with double chocolate or chocolate chip, since, really, they have sugar in them anyway, right?
Whatever you decide, make this holiday one to remember!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week