- America the Beautiful July 9
June 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day!
Sure, it seems like every other day is a dessert-dedicated holiday in America, which probably isn't helping our obesity rates. But hey, a holiday's a holiday, right? Plus, a recent study at Stanford showed that lack of exercise, not diet, is the bigger cause of rising obesity levels.
Health aside, a national holiday — even a questionable one — is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious baked goodness.
You can't go wrong with a classic sugar cookie, fresh from the oven.
Or, you could always go with double chocolate or chocolate chip, since, really, they have sugar in them anyway, right?
Whatever you decide, make this holiday one to remember!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week