- What's the deal with emojis? July 9
It's a Festivus Miracle!
A couple of Seinfeld enthusiasts have submitted a free app to the Apple store that turns iconic characters and jokes from the show into emojis. (Emojis, for the uninitiated, are those little images everyone is so dang obsessed with nowadays.) Jason Richards, who runs the popular Seinfeld Current Day Twitter account, came up with the idea for the Seinfeld additions, and he recruited a designer and developer to bring the joke all the way to the Apple store.
If approved, the app would let users send puffy shirts, junior mints, and vacuous-eyed Kramers — Kragnor, in the world of Seinfeld Current Day — to each other. No word on whether the emoijs shrink after spending time in a pool.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week