- What's the deal with emojis? July 9
It's a Festivus Miracle!
A couple of Seinfeld enthusiasts have submitted a free app to the Apple store that turns iconic characters and jokes from the show into emojis. (Emojis, for the uninitiated, are those little images everyone is so dang obsessed with nowadays.) Jason Richards, who runs the popular Seinfeld Current Day Twitter account, came up with the idea for the Seinfeld additions, and he recruited a designer and developer to bring the joke all the way to the Apple store.
If approved, the app would let users send puffy shirts, junior mints, and vacuous-eyed Kramers — Kragnor, in the world of Seinfeld Current Day — to each other. No word on whether the emoijs shrink after spending time in a pool.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week