- Coming Soon July 9
Sir Ian McKellen will play Sherlock Holmes in the upcoming film Mr. Holmes, and the actor released a preview of what we can expect from his character in the film.
Though McKellen is only 75, he'll play a 93-year-old Sherlock in the film. The movie, directed by Bill Condon and based on a novel by Mitch Cullin, will take place in 1947, as Holmes enjoys his retirement.
Mr. Holmes is set for 2015 release and is currently in pre-production, Hypable reports. Take a look at McKellen's Sherlock below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week