- The Decision 2.0 July 10
LeBron James is headed back to Cleveland, according to hidden tweaks made recently to his website. At least that's one theory passed along by Grantland contributor Matt Borcas, whose friend claims to have found that the hex codes —alphanumeric shorthand for digital color — corresponding to the Cavs were recently added to James' personal website:
James is supposedly going to announce on his website where he will play ball next year. And if that really is the case, then setting up a few pages in Cavs colors would be a logical prerequisite to announcing The Decision 2.0.
This is how far LeBron Watch: 2014 has come. Like a more entertaining Nic Cage movie, sleuths are poring over tweeted pictures for hidden messages, tracking plane records to deduce who is meeting with whom and, now, picking apart the code on James' website.
With the NBA rumor mill going off the rails like this, there really is no more NBA offseason: Free agency is in itself a spectacle to rival what happens on the court.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- The week's best photojournalism
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week